How to Request Evaluation from the School District

If you or someone you know thinks your child may have a disability and needs special education or related services to be involved in and make progress in school, then an evaluation for special education eligibility may be appropriate. To learn more, click here.

Any parent who obtains a full explanation of the school’s evaluation findings and recommendations, and still disagrees with the school’s justification for their proposed IEP services and placement, may request an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) – limited to one IEE per year in any area of concern to the parent. The parent has the opportunity to choose the evaluator and the school must provide the IEE at no cost to the parent. For more information, click here.

Autism Spectrum Disorder

The Autism Speaks 100 Day Kit for Newly Diagnosed Families of Young Children was created specifically for families of children ages 4 and under to make the best possible use of the 100 days following their child’s diagnosis of autism. Download a copy here.

For more information regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as further resources, visit

Other Psychologists

Dr. John Nomura is a Licensed Psychologist, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst-Doctoral, Nationally Certified School Psychologist, and Licensed Specialist in School Psychology. He provides thorough assessments using gold-standard instruments.

26010 Oak Ridge Drive, Suite #107
The Woodlands, TX 77380
(281) 815-0899

Got Questions?
Send a Message!